Friday, July 12, 2013

July Phat Fiber: Under the Sea


This month's theme for the Phat Fiber Sampler Box is 'Under the Sea'.  I did actually get my samples to them this month in a timely manner-so Go Team Stacey!

This sample is called 'I'm on a Boat' inspired by the SNL song by Andy Samberg.  I find this song to hilariously awesome-I even have a shirt that says it.  So, I wanted to do a self striping sock yarn that was based on nautical stripes, because what else do you wear on a boat?
'I'm on a Boat' is on my 100% SW Merino 2 ply yarn-the skein in the shop measures a little light so it is 96 g/approx. 380 yd.


The second sample I sent in was 'Release The Kraken'.  I am still experimenting with layering on of colors and this one turned out just as it was in my head.  Dark and murky with pops of a bright.  Oh, I imagine that this will knot into an absolutely fabulous finished object.
'Release The Kraken' is on 80% Merino/20% Silk/2 ply lace.

 Then, of course I had to send in a way to get Under the Sea-and what better way than on a 'Yellow Submarine'?  Yellow Submarine is yellows and golds and is a fun variegated yarn.  It's on a 75% SW Merino/25% Nylon/2 ply sock yarn.
 And, I found this fabric at the store and thought it would be perfect for this theme.  I have a couple of small bags in the shop with some medium bags and a tote bag queued up in my sewing basket.

1 comment:

  1. I like the yellow and blue yarns! Beautiful work, Lady!

    ReplyDelete