Tuesday, July 14, 2015

KANG Prep is underway!

I am doing all those last minute things that I need to do to get all prepped for the Kang Houston Fiber Fest this weekend.  I have about 40 more skeins to dye and errands to run in hopes to changing the booth around a bit.  I was not able to make any new bags for this show, I haven't found the time management skills needed to be able to sit at my sewing machine in several months.  I think the last time I did any sewing was for the Yellow Rose Fiber Fest, so bags are looking kind of sparse, but there are some cool fabrics left to buy.

I plan on finding the time to sew again so that I can have some cool designs/fabrics available at the DFW Yarn Crawl.  This year I will be set up in the JenningStreet Yarns shop on the south side of Fort Worth.   I am gonna try to have one dedicated day a week for all things Brazen, and that way each week I will set goals and keep creating for the shop so that I don't find myself having to dye 100 skeins of yarn in a week!  And then also fall short on the bag side.  So, If I dye 8-16 skeins a week, and make 4-8 bags a week, thats up to 64 skeins dyed and 32 bags sewn per month on the outside of my goal.  This way, I'll always have a good show stock on hand with out having to run around the last few days before a show.

Plans for this show for me to just be in person there on the Friday of this show, due to work and family obligations, I can only be there one day.  But never fear, all the pretties stay for the entire show.  I hope to see some familiar faces and meet lots of new ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment