Wednesday, November 12, 2014

San Antonio Family Trip/Kid N Ewe 2014

Kid n Ewe was this past weekend.  So was Otha's 10Th birthday.  Last year I missed his birthday-(I KNOOOW, put me down on the Bad Mom List) and I vowed never to do that again.  So, I asked my booth partner whether she needed me there for put up or tear down.  She told me tear down, so I talked with R and we decided to turn this into an opportunity for a family trip to San Antonio which is not very far from Boerne.  So, last week was even crazier than the normal lead in to an away festival because I was not only crossing my t's and dotting my i's for Brazen Stitchery, but also getting the family stuff together and taking care of animal arrangements and all that stuff.

We took Clarence, The Rescue Bully, with us on trip because I very specifically booked a pet friendly hotel, so there was also making sure that we had everything for him.  Bru went to a friends house and Dot went to my moms. So they each had to have overnight bags and kennels with them as well.  Clarence was great once he settled into the trip and realized that we weren't taking him to the vet, Dot did well with my mom, but Bru had an 'accident' on our friends carpet, so next time we plan a trip, we will have to figure something else out.  She will either have to go to a kennel, or we will have to have someone in to house/pet sit because Urine In The Carpet is not how I want people to remember us.

While down in San Antonio, we saw the Alamo, The Fire Museum, and The Riverwalk.  The great thing about our hotel was that we were just blocks away from all of these things.  So we walked everywhere.


 
Otha chose Rainforest Cafe for his birthday which, unless he chooses it for his next Birthday, I am okay with not ever going there again.  But he had a blast, so that's all that matters.

Then, when we got up on Sunday, we checked out of the hotel and R dropped me off at Kid N Ewe.  Katie worked her tail feather off to get this booth up and was all alone for the first two days.  I don't know HOW she did it, but she did!  We are not happy with booth layout in actuality, what worked great in theory, did not work so great in the real world.  So we are going back to the drawing board on it.

Our next event is Yellow Rose Fiber Producers Festival in Seguin, TX January 9-10.  So, If you missed us this time, you can find us there in a little less than 2 months!





No comments:

Post a Comment