Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Workin' It Wednesday August 12, 2015

This week I am resuming my normal blog schedule of 2-4 Blogs per week as part of my healing process.  

Last week, on my way to Vermont to visit my Sis in Law and her family, I finished the last few rounds of my shop sample socks using District 12 in my Harmony Halfie skein.  I also used a new product that I am offering called H&T Skeins.  It's a mini skein of yarn with 80 yd of a sw merino/nylon.  I had enough left over from that skein so I am going to...

 Use it for the toes on this next pair of socks that I am knitting with commercial sock yarn.  I started this sock on the plane to Vermont, worked it through my short visit, and then was picking up the heel sts when my needle broke.  So, I tucked it in my knitting bag and proceeded to drowse of several times with my mouth hanging open.  I am sure it was VERY attractive.

I am just using a very basic pattern from Getting Started Knitting Socks by Ann Budd.  This was my first sock knitting book and bay far is the most used.  I find this book to be an invaluable resource 6 years in to my sock knitting life.  It not only has clear and concise examples and instructions on the infrastructure of knitting a sock, it has some lovely patterns as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment