Friday, November 27, 2015

List ALL The Things

Right now, dear reader, I am working on getting my website updated and getting all the items from my stock uploaded and available for sale.  I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving time.

We had my parents over and between the food they brought and the food that I prepared, there was a feast for all.  It was quite yummy.  I made a turkey, 2 pumpkin pies, rolls, and cranberry sauce.  From a box we did the stuffing and gravy-though we did use turkey stock for the liquid instead of water, so we fancied it up a little anyway.  My mom brought scalloped potatoes and the best store bought pumpkin pie I've ever had.  My dad and stepmom brought deviled eggs, broccoli rice casserole, sweet potatoes, and 2 more pies.  So we had plenty of pie!  Everything went together nicely and we all had a lovely time.  Ray got a 21 lb turkey, so we sent some home with the parental units and still have plenty in the fridge.

My secret to moist turkey every time?  Reynolds brand turkey bags.  I have tons of compliments on my turkey every time and all I do is season it, put it in the bag, put it in the oven, and ignore it.  It hasn't failed me yet!

 And the best thing about Thanksgiving?  Thanksgiving Bowl the next day!


PS-I am being driven crazy by the new way that the photos are displayed due to the latest update, so it's a miracle at all that I get photos in here.  I have a hard enough time blogging regularly without adding one more issue to the mix!

No comments:

Post a Comment