Saturday, August 24, 2013

Meet Blob

So, I have been a little quiet lately.  I went to the doctor a week and a half ago for my annual girl stuff exam.  While Doc was doing the exam he felt a '5-7' cm cyst on one of my ovaries.  I came back a couple of days later for a sonogram to get a closer look at it, and it's more like a 12 cm cyst on my left ovary.  To put this in perspective, that is roughly the size of a newborn babies head.  This thing has to come out surgically and at first he was throwing around scary words like 'hysterectomy' based on my history and current issue.

So, I go home to process exactly what is happening.  I mean, I am MAD at my body!  Why does it keep being all dysfunctional!?  And I am trying to wrap my head around the whole hysterectomy thing.  It felt a lot like cutting off my nose to spite my face.  And this is where my babies grew etc... Anyway, I was a mess I tell you, a mess!

So, on Wednesday I went for a CaT scan, and let me tell you.  There were no cats!  What is up with that!?  I had to drink this truly awful stuff that they put in Crystal Light lemonade.  It's gonna be a long time before I forget that taste.  Guh.  Imagine drinking plastic grocery sacks.  Yep.  That Bad.

So they start the scan and it's going well.  Then they inject me with the iodine and within a minute I am sneezing.  'No worries' says the nurse 'Some people sneeze'.  Then, I started to snot up and itch and I could feel my face puffing up and my eyes getting puffy.  A nice doctor came in and shot me full of benedryl-and it looks like I have an allergy that I can write down on all those doctor forms.  My eyes were blood shot and puffy, my sinus cavity felt like it had cotton shoved in it, and my face looked like I had been in a bar brawl.  And they kept asking if I had been that way when I got there.  Um, how about no!  So, I had to call Ray to come and get me because the benedryl had me down for the count.  We got home and I slept for most of the afternoon.

Friday, I went in for the pre-op appointment and the results to my scan.  And when the doctor asked my how I was doing and coping I cried.  Oh, yes-me, of the hate to cry school, cried.  He looked at the scan and it turns out that based on the scan, everything is healthy other than the mega cyst, that yes, I have named 'Blob'.  So, he sees no medical reason for the hysterectomy.  Basically, he thought I might go mentally unstable if it happened, and you know?  I was scared of that too.

So, the surgery to remove Blob will be on Tuesday, and you know what?  I am much more at peace about it than I was when it involved a hysterectomy.  I am worried and a little scared, but I don't seem to be as freaked out about it.

1 comment: