Sunday, August 4, 2013

Ramble On

My get up and go seems to have come back.  I actually have been reclaiming the house and keeping the kitchen clean.  I figure as long as I have a clean kitchen and clean clothes, everything else will fall in line.

What have I been up to?

Well, Tuesday, I scrubbed the kitchen thoroughly and have actually maintained it all week!  I also made a lot of bread and bread like items so that I could use up a gallon of milk that I got on clearance.  I still have 2 dough balls, english muffins, and banana bread in the freezer.  So score one for a high functioning week.  Wednesday I woke up and blah blah blah hormones made it feel like I had morning sickness(no, there is not a baby in there, I promise) and it was a pretty wretched morning.  I ended up taking a short 20 minute nap and was able to pull it together enough to be able to go over to a friends house so that the boys could swim.  Thursday, woke up dizzy again, it passed and I went about my normal day-while maintaining the kitchen.  And I tried baking potatoes in the crockpot!

To bake potatoes in a crockpot:
You will need:
-Potatoes
-Foil
-Oil
-Salt
-A crockpot

Wash your potatoes, then poke them with a knife or fork.  Then, rub them down with oil and salt, cover with foil, and put in your crockpot.  Turn on high for 4-5.  Mine were pretty big, so I let them go the full time and they were thoroughly cooked and everything that is delicious about a baked potato.

Friday, woke up dizzy again, shook it off, and my friend M and I did the house clean swap.  I just wanted help with dusting and floors this time, so my house was done in an hour.  Then, after she left, I found the floor in the office.  Saturday, woke up dizzy, couldn't shake it of-kept coming and going all day, worked on our bedroom because it was one step away from a hoarders episode and then went over to a friends house so the boys could play.  Then, when I got home, we went to see Despicable Me 2 and it was super cute and fun.  I recommend it for the chicken alone.  Chicken humor is so much funnier when you know chickens.

Then today, I got up at 4:43 and couldn't fall back asleep-so I tackled the boys desk-goodbye giant pile of paper, mowed the lawn, and did assorted yard work all completed by 8.  I have been cleaning the coffee pot today too.  It has a whang to it that is not very delicious to me.  I took the boys out for breakie, went to target, came home and have been doing assorted chores all afternoon.  And now, I am writing this rambling blog post.

So, if you've read this far you deserve a cookie.  Go getcha one, okay?




1 comment:

  1. I don't think your blog post is rambly! :) Miss ya! Won't get to see you at co-op this year :'(

    ReplyDelete