Monday, August 21, 2017

Weekending Monday August 21, 2017

This weekend I spent the mornings working for Mega Airline and the afternoons at Jennings Street Yarns for my trunk show during DFW Yarn Crawl. Saturday I also had rehearsal for Treasure Island at Plaza Theatre Co. in beautiful Cleburne, TX.  We had fight choreography and it was so. fun.  I get to (in the guise of Mary Read) sword fight and beat the heck out of one of my friends.  You know what they say, friends that sword fight together, have a blast together.  Well, maybe they don't say that, but it's totally true!  I am really looking forward to the show.

Here are some pictures of Jennings Street and my set up.  I am just to the right as you walk in.


On this past Saturday and next Saturday as well Carissa Browning, designer of the popular Wonder Woman Shawl available in knit and crochet, will be in shop.  Carissa is lovely and her pattern is so cute and very beginner friendly.  I decided to play in the dye pots and come up with my own gold and red.  The red is Hippolyta, the gold is a retired and now fresh and updated color way from a few years ago called Golden Lasso of Truth.

Jennings has a display in traditional gold and red in twead that I think looks great.  Carissa will be in the shop to chat with and also to sign her new shawl pattern collection based on dinosaurs and their friends. Those dinosaur shawls are pretty darn awesome-she has examples of each with her.

And, It's beginning to look a lot like Halloween!  The trunk show has this new color called Hocus Pocus in stock until it runs out.  Other skeins will go with me to Georgia Fiber Fest and then when I get home, it will be listed on the website for purchase.  If you would like to pre reserve a skien please let me know by emailing me at Brazenstitchery@gmail.com.

Penny and I are working on some fabulous new variegated and striping colors for the fall and winter. She just sent me a picture of something she's working on and it's totally gorgeous.

I hope my local readers can make it out on the crawl.  We have some fabulous shops in the DFW area.

No comments:

Post a Comment