Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Weekending, February 12

A day late, but you'll forgive me, won't you gentle reader?

This past weekend was a pretty good one.  On Saturday we took the boys and one of O's friends to the movies to see The Lego Movie.  It was cute-and very definitely right up my boys' alley.  Here's a money saving trick-Take cups or containers with you-then you can portion out the popcorn/soda to many little hands with out having to figure out the best way to hold a popcorn bucket for 5 people.  I also stopped at the dollar store for candy and grabbed R and I water so that we didn't have to pay 4 bucks each for water.  So, 5 people went to the movies for less than $40.  Not too bad!

After the movie we went to a couple of goodwills-O said his shoes were too small-and we have hand me down sandals and dress shoes for him, but no plan tennis shoes in his size.  R's work jeans were looking pretty worn too, so I was on the hunt for those.  We ended up with 3 pairs of jeans and a pair of Van's for $22!  Gotta love goodwill-when you can find a good deal it's a great deal!

Then we were hankering for an out to eat meal, but I am really trying to avoid that for budgetary and dietary reasons.  So we went to a local grocery store that sells fresh tamales and had those for lunch.  Bonus-this grocery store also has free soft serve for their customers.  So we got a dozen tamales, clearance Hebrew National Hot Dogs, and a huge can of refried beans for less than $20-plus 'free' dessert.

Sunday, I spent the day working on a couple of custom orders.  I did one DPN roll up case.  It uses a minimal amount of fabric, but is rather fiddly to get together.  I think it turned out well and I hope that the recipient likes it-I was told 'Blue' when I asked what kind of fabric to use.
 I also worked on another custom order for a repeat customer.  She asked for bags with Peanuts and Despicable Me themes.  I have some of the fabric left, so these fabrics will show up in the shop for general sale as well.

All in all, we had a pretty good weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Do you have any Minion fabric left to sell?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate-Sorry for the late reply. I do not have any unsewn-just in bag form. You can find it at spoon flower.com-just do a search for 'minion'.

      Delete