Friday, February 14, 2014

Workin' It February 14

Trying to get back into the habit of blogging after being pretty silent in January.  So, 2 blogs in one week!  WoooOOoooo!  Goal achieved.

I am working on one crochet project that is destined to be a granny square blanket when it grows up...
I got a mill end bag of this yarn from Jo-ann's a few weeks ago and have lamented over what I wanted to turn it into-I think it looks pretty great in granny square form, so that is what it will be.  And Plus-I looove me some granny squares.  And Thank goodness for you tube or they never would have happened.  My goal is one square a day.  I got 3 squares out of one skein, so I should have 24 squares when all is said and done.

I also finished this scarf as a gift.
It is from my own handspun with fiber by Two If By Hand over on Big Cartel.
I spun it into a 4 ply and I think the pairing of the yarn and the pattern went together nicely.

I am doing two spinning projects right now-One is a custom spin for a 2 ply worsted.  This person loved my eat crayons handspun so much and wanted some for herself, so asked me to do it for her.  We worked out a trade/payment for it and this is the second bobbin.  I have less than an ounce of singles left.



And, this one is hibernating while I spin the other one-because it is destined to be a 3 ply sock weight and switching back and forth between two such different weights and fibers would have been really confusing to my hands.  This fiber is from The Droll Eclectic on etsy.



I have also been sewing bags for the shop and making up lists of what I want to get done for DFW Fiber Fest.  I am so excited to get to do this show again!

No comments:

Post a Comment