Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Workin' It Wednesday May 11, 2016

This week I've been working on a couple of things.  The main project I've been working on is the Kiss of North Sweater Vest done with Trendsetter Stratta.  This yarn is an approximate worsted weight in singles construction.  I am holding two strands together so that I am getting the bulky weight that the pattern is asking for.  I have now split the front and am working just half of the stitches.  It is a pretty fast knit since its on size 13 needles.


I've also been working on knitting up some samples for the May Inspiration.  This months inspiration is Space.  Here's a black and white peek at the variegated.


So, I am trying something new.  Each month I am taking an inspiration and coming up with 3 yarns taken from that inspiration.  So every month, there will be a variegated, tonal, and self striping yarn based on the months inspiration.  So, I'll give you guys a hint by giving you this months names.  Orion Slave Girl, Space Pants, and Galactic Space Kitten.


Also, I've started a monthly newsletter.  You can sign up at Brazen Stitchery

No comments:

Post a Comment