Monday, October 21, 2013

15 Minutes of Magic

So, what with prepping for a fiber show and a busy kid oriented schedule, my house has gotten a little...well...slobbish.  So, I am doing something that has worked for me in the past and is already working for me now.

I am taking 15 minutes per day per 'hot' spot in my house to set a timer and work diligently on that area.  I have already done our bedroom and living room and need to also do the kitchen.  If you were to come over, you would not think that my house was tidy in any way, but already with just the 15 minutes I spent in the LR and BR, I can tell that it is not quite so bad.

So, everyday this week, I will spend 15 minutes a day in each of these rooms and by the end of the week I will have dedicated over and hour to each room.  Because I certainly do not have 3 hours in one day to clean right now.  By next week, I will branch out and work on other hot spots while spending 10 or so minutes maintaining the rooms I have already done.

This is nowhere near the overwhelming thoughts of hankering down and doing it all in one day.  And maybe the habit will stick this time.

1 comment:

  1. Right there with you, girl - basically on the same plan.

    ReplyDelete