Monday, September 8, 2014

Weekending-9/8/2014

Well, it was an uneventful weekend at the old homestead.  My mother promised the kids that when they saved up $100, she would match it for them.  So, between Liam mowing a neighbors lawn, our lawn, and me remembering to give him allowance(when their bedroom, desk, and bathroom are clean), he got his $100 on Friday.

So, he bought himself a Nintendo DSi.  I gave him the weekend to be a tech zombie.  Along with O, who inherited the old Nintendo DS.  It was a quiet weekend with me occasionally reminding them to drink some water.  Starting today, normal screen rules apply.  One hour a day on school days, and then 2-3 hours a day on the weekend-That's usually when they watch a movie.

Anyway, with the boys staring at screens, I was able to work 11 hours on Saturday and 12 hours on Sunday.  I am fully aware that I cannot keep up that pace in normal life, but when I have a fiber show coming up, I really have to commit to long hours.  I am planning on working a more manageable 30 hours a week when I do not have a show coming up.

This is what I worked the most on this weekend.

The new design has nice stiff interfacing and 5 inner pockets.  I kept the basic design as far as the straps go, but changed the way I did the bottom from a gusseted bottom, to a box bottom.

I hope you guys had a good weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment