This is a post about how to make your boxed mac n cheese taste a little fancier. It is never gonna taste like to bona fide home made baked stuff, but it can get better!
Here are some tricks that we employ-
1. Reverse the milk and butter quantities. i.e. If your box says 'Add 3 Tbsp Milk and 2 Tbsp Butter' then do the opposite. Such a simple modification and it really makes it taste yummier.
2. Add plain yogurt instead of the milk. This makes the mac n cheese taste cheesier according to my boys.
3. Add 1/4 cup grated cheese or parmesan to the mix when you are stirring it all together.
4. Add just a touch of your personal seasoning-like basil, dill, chili powder, etc.
5. Add a little meat, like a couple of hot dogs, a can of tuna, some cooked ground beef, or some diced cooked chicken breast.
Comment on this blog with things that you like to do to fancy up YOUR boxed mac n cheese.
I am off to study lines for rehearsal tomorrow and knit for Christmas!