Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Workin' It Wednesday December 4, 2013

So, this week is tech week as I said in a previous blog post and that makes for a hectic and tired week.  I have needed to go to the store since Monday, but still have not managed to.  Last night we ate Quick Trip hot dogs for dinner.  Mmmm, delicious.  But, my husband did come home to a tidy house and a clean kitchen last night, so that's good!

Anyway, this is what I am working on.

On the cutting table, I have two freshly cut aprons for a couple of my fellow Church Ladies in The Best Christmas Pageant Ever.  One is a full apron(the one with the stockings), and one is a half apron(the one with the mittens).  I promised them cute Christmas aprons since our characters are supposed to be in the church kitchen making applesauce cake.

In the middle of being sewn is a cute owl apron that will be the giveaway item this month on the blog-Keep an eye out for it this weekend to enter to win.


On Rosie, the Heavenly Handspinning Fidelis wheel I have, I just finished spinning up a soft and pretty batt by Little Monkey Stitch and Spin that I got at Kid n Ewe back in November.  It was a nice spin and was smooth except for the silk noil-so it will be an interesting yarn when I am done with it.

On the needles, I have sock 3 of 4 tube socks that I am making as part of my boys Christmas pressies. They always get something knit, and this year it's tube socks.  For them, I have 52 sts cast on a size 2 needle, work 2x2 rib for a few inches, and then I go into stst until for about 14 inches.  For the toe, I do a round toe, and then cinch it at the end.

Also on the needles is the never-ending sock yarn scrap blanket.  This is one of those that will probably take a few years-I have been working on it of ragout a year now and it is about baby blanket sized.


Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace
Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]
Return
capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\
shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift
English
alt
alt
Preferences

No comments:

Post a Comment