Monday, December 23, 2013

Weekending-12/21-12/22

I have no panorama of pictures from this past weekend.  It was a pretty normal one.

I had rehearsal on Saturday morning and went shopping with my mom to help her pick out what she was getting for the boys.  Yesterday, the boys participated in the church Christmas program and it was nice and simple.  Instead of recreating the story with them in costumes, they read from scripture and had a felt board type thing that they moved figures on to show the different scenes.  Both of them did very well and despite their coughs, were well heard.  I felt bad for one of their church chums, because he was obviously afraid of being up in front of a big group of people.  But, even though you couldn't understand what he was saying, he still did it and I gotta give him props for that.

Yesterday I also went to The Knitting Fairy, a yarn shop in a town near here and joined their knitting circle for the afternoon.  I worked on my projects and one knitter had a birthday and brought some fabulous cupcakes that she substituted coconut oil for the vegetable oil that the recipe called for.  They were really delicious.  I had a lot of fun and was surprised that the time passed so quickly.  I was tempted by some of her lovely yarn, but did not succumb to the temptation.

Last night we watched the live action Grinch movie.  I thought it was merely okay.  I much prefer the old school cartoon.

Tonight, plans include Christmas cookies and It's a Wonderful Life.

Happy Christmas Ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment