These are not 100% like the ones at Red Lobster, but they are crazy good! And so easy as well.
You will need:
For the biscuits-
-2 Cups all purpose flour (I have made this with gluten free all purpose flour with success)
-1 Teaspoon salt
-1 Teaspoon minced garlic
-1 Teaspoon dried dill
-1 Teaspoon dried basil
-3 Teaspoons baking powder
-1 Teaspoon baking soda
-5 Tablespoons Butter chunked up
-1 Cup any grated cheese, I like to use cheddar
-1 1/8 Cup Milk
For the topping-
-2 Tablespoons Melted Butter
-Pinch Dried Basil
-Pinch Dried Dill
1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees
2. Mix the dry (Flour to Baking Soda) ingredients together in a big bowl until all mixed up.
3. Put Butter in with dry ingredients and either use a pastry blender to moosh all the butter into the dry ingredients, OR use a food processor to blend it in, OR use your fingers to pinch the butter together with the dry ingredients. Make sure there are no big chunks of butter.
4. Stir in the cheese until well blended, then stir in the milk. If the mix seems dry, add milk one Tablespoon at a time until it is moist enough to be dropped onto the cookie sheet.
5. While you are doing 1-4, encourage your child or spouse to butter or grease you a cookie sheet.
6. Drop tablespoon sized (or bigger if you like big biscuits) clumps of dough onto your greased cookie sheet. (I get about 16 biscuits out of this recipe)
7. Bake 7-9 Minutes until golden brownish on top.
Alright, While your biscuits are in the oven, prepare your topping. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and dance from foot to foot impatiently while the scent of delicious biscuits drifts through your house.
So, now take the biscuits out and either brush the topping on with a brushy thing or take a spoon and drizzle the butter mixture on top.
Now, here's the deal. You can leave the cheese out and have fabulous herb biscuits. Don't have all the herbs? That's okay too. In fact, you can leave out ALL of the fancy herbs and cheese and still have a great biscuit. Just adjust the milk accordingly. The topping is also an optional thing. You do not need it for your biscuits to be tasty delicious!